UVic Special Collections & University Archives acquires, preserves and provides access to archives and collections in a variety of subject areas, in support of learning, research and innovation.
We welcome students, faculty, staff, the public and interested researchers to explore our holdings. This database (AtoM) contains descriptions of records existing in many media and formats; where digital copies are available, they are accessible directly from the description. Over time, we will be increasing the digital content available through the site.
To get started, use the search box or select a browse option.
Materials in our care fall in the following general subject areas:
- Institutional records of the University of Victoria (Victoria, B.C.), Victoria College (Victoria, B.C.) and the Provincial Normal School (Victoria, B.C.)
- Select faculty papers and records of organizations affiliated with the University and predecessor organizations
- Anarchist Studies
- Arts and Culture, including archives of performing arts organizations and local publishers, architects, artists and musicians
- Environmental Studies, including archives of scientists and regional organizations
- Film Studies
- Gender Studies, including transgender and women's movement archives
- Legal History
- Literature and Literary Criticism, including Modernist British, American and Anglo-Irish literature, and literary journal archives
- Medieval and Early Modern Studies, including manuscripts and fragments
- Military History, including archives of individuals and military units, maps, medals and uniforms
- Political and Historical Affairs, including archives relating to the Columbia River Treaty, labour relations, British Columbia political history
- Victoria, Vancouver Island and West Coast History, including archives of European, Chinese and First Nations individuals and communities